Wednesday 14 June 2017

Land Rover BAR

Well we didn't win the Americas Cup, and last weeks crisis at my work meant I could not be doing more prep that I wanted to be doing on Katy, but none of that stopped the Land Rover BAR team putting on a good show down at the Cardiff Bay Yacht Club

I dropped in to see what was on show and as expected it was the new stuff.

First of all to look at is the new Velar. its a smooth looking vehicle and comes heavily loaded with a lot of driver facilities and I am sure its got a decent processor inside (do car reviews need to start listing that like PC reviews ?)


It was open and I was invited in.. so even if I can't afford one I now have at least sat in one.

It seemed a bit roomier than the Evoque which is good in my mind, but I would still have the seats a little less bucketed if it was me. The multiple displays with movable controls (you can drag and drop controls and displays between them) really do make it feel like something for the Star Trek generation (thank goodness that's me)



Its not released yet of course, but I hear that orders are coming in well and that's got to be good for the company to keep it looking after people like me driving its "heritage range". Thanks to James for the fascinating overview.

The key item for the day was all the children being taken out sailing and that was really good to see, I was over age for that part of the event, but it was a good chance for me get some pictures anyway, and a really nice chat with the CBYC team.. they nearly convinced me to get back on the water and do some more sailing



And finally I got taken for a ride in a Discovery 5 on the display circuit. Its larger and roomier again of course and an incredibly capable vehicle with some obvious Land Rover Heritage

As you can tell from my inane questions I'm not up to speed on the modern Land Rovers... of course if they want to lend me one I can practise :-)

Here's the video (click on the picture and it will open a new window) with some static pictures below





Overall an entertaining couple of hours, some truly impressive vehicles, and good luck to the Land Rover BAR team next year 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be submitted for moderation because of spammers we have to do this sorry