Wednesday 18 May 2016

Katy in Green

This is a very clean and new looking Katy taken alongside a set of civilian ambulances on what looks like a parade ground. It has been suggested this could have been during an ambulance drivers strike in 1989-1990


If you recognise the place or the event and know where or when it was taken I would love to hear from you via either the comments form or the email contact form on the right of the blog

I do not normally post pictures that I am not sure about the provenance of, but I am doing this in the hope that someone may see it and be able to help me, and I am very willing to remove it from this post if the owner does find it and is not happy for me to show it in this context

You can read an update to this post here

4 comments:

  1. I’m pretty certain that’s Keogh Barracks in Ash Vale, which is now the home of the Army Medical Services Museum (and you often spot modern LR Ambulances parked up there from the train). Oh, and I might be berk responsible for that aerial cable - sorry… Toby

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Toby

    Good to hear from you again and many thanks for the information. Who would ever have though that the phone call we had when you told me there was an information file would have led to all this

    A bit of searching and I have confirmed that it is that parade ground at Keogh Barracks. So that looks like a trip to plan to see if we can get a pictures of Katy in white alongside a fleet of pulse ambulances in green. That would be a fun day out

    So Consider yourself forgiven for the cable. I should have done it sooner anyway, and if you are ever in the Cardiff area I still owe you a pint for the information you provided before

    Regards
    Andy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehe... that cubby was put in for me, not by me, so I'll have to take the responsibility :-) I'm travelling past Keogh right now on the train, parking spaces are still there so you should be able to blag your way to a re-take of the same picture. Let me know if you do that trip, I'd love to see what you've done with the old thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I had this from a very reliable source today

    The photo of Katy was taken in Bourlon Barracks Catterick , I currently command HQ Coy 4 SCOTS who now occupy the Barracks and can see the image minus Katy from my window.

    ReplyDelete

Your comment will be submitted for moderation because of spammers we have to do this sorry