Saturday 20 October 2012

Nothing is simple

It's been quiet on the Katy Front for a while as work has got in the way again

I finally found some time to start again. I was going to replace the front springs and shocks, but in the end I thought I'd take on a few small jobs as I only had a small amount of time

The 1st job was to look into a rattle on the front - it tuned out to be the front brake disc mud shield where s small bracket had broken off. These are expensive for a small bit of metal so I'll see how I can repair it and give pictures then

Whilst the wheels were off I noted a patch of rust that needed dealing with on the bulkhead. It started small so I started with the rust killer 


But as I worked on it I kept finding more ... 


In the end there was about 6 inches that had to be rust killed and then for now it's been undersealed.as It isn't structural at that point


Next was to fit the nice new mudflaps which once I got the old ones off turned out not to be the right shape as you can see 


Also, the old ones look riveted to the frame which is a pain



Even if I cut them they are not going to fit .. 


So I'm posting here so I can link to these pictures and ask for help on the forums before buying more

Not a successful session



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be submitted for moderation because of spammers we have to do this sorry