Tuesday 29 March 2011

Tyred out by Decision making yet ?

My new friends on the Land Rover Forums are helping me decipher what I have so I cam make the correct decisions in terms of what refurbishments to make

I was toying with the concept of an overdrive, but I've been recommended to look at simpler options 1st which included the possibility of a new intercooler and some bigger tyres

I posted some thinking on the various Land Rover Forums I have joined and they have asked for some information so here it is for us all to share

A useful resource is http://www.ashcroft-transmissions.co.uk/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=45

Transfer Box - my reading is 20D  = 1.667


Now there is also some debate on the gear box

I forgot to get the serial number of that whilst I was underneath, but here is a picture of the sticks which I am told is not the original position


And the layout of the shifter is that of an R380 5 Speed box, which replaced the LT77 fitted from approx 1994 to 2006


Oh and another clue is the wooden panel under the floor - doesn't look original to me and would have been OK for a trip to Africa, but I'm not sure about Wales's damp climate


I wonder what new ideas all of this new information will bring 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be submitted for moderation because of spammers we have to do this sorry