Wednesday 23 February 2011

Oh What a Morning

Bright eyed and bushy tailed we rose at the crack of sparrows and headed out

Ceris and Jim had to go out so left us to lock up

I climbed in, switched off the alarm

Turned the key.....

NOTHING

Now this was not that much of a surprise as we had seen some warning signs of a possible battery problem last night

A quick call to GEM (I'll give them a plug the service was excellent!) and a large red truck appeared and after checking we were on a 12v system a jump start was quickly set-up and left for a few minutes to get some life into what was a totally flat battery.

5 minutes later a single turn of the key and "RHUUMM  BBLLLEE .... "

SUPERB !

Whilst I checked his paperwork for him a test of the alternator proved that to be fine so he asked where we were going

"South Wales" said I

"Braver than me" came the rapid response, "How much fuel have you got ?"

"erm.. just outside the red" said I.

"should get you to Knutsford..I recommend you set-off and stop just long enough to fill up with fuel"

So that's what we did.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be submitted for moderation because of spammers we have to do this sorry