Monday 21 February 2011

Down to Preston

So setting off in a "Brand New Land Rover" in the dark, up a farm track and on unfamiliar roads was quite a 1st step given I was now a little unsure on how she was to drive. The state of the track was such that nothing other than a 4x4 would make it

The first discovery was that the instrument lights were not working so I had to rig up a torch to see what speed I was doing and then off again. The next discovery was that trees are too short and I clipped a few branches.

We had luckily managed to stay with friends that night in Preston. so headed off on the A666 and then down the M65 to Preston.

The well known artist Ceris Jones (Sloane) and her husband Jim who almost by tradition are the people we see when we buy cars were putting us us up for the nice in their fabulous house which is one of the best Art Galleries I know !

After a brief warming up because I was frozen (In the excitement I had neglected to work out how to use the heater which was actually fully functional) we stepped outside to share the experience with our friends.

Ceris kindly recorded the event for us both in stills and video so some pictures of the event

Katy herself



Rhian and Katy playing together


 Jim looking on longingly at somewhere warmer than he is


OK... I may be a bit overexcited at this point


 Proof if needed that it's a Land Rover



And with that.. off to bed at the end of a very exhausting day

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be submitted for moderation because of spammers we have to do this sorry